The GLARAKIA STUDIOS complex is found in a special location, in Parasporos of Milos, at a distance of 2.1 km from Adamas. It is built on a hillside and has panoramic view of Adamas Bay. It is spread over a large area overgrown with crops and is an excellent choice for those who wish to combine agritourism activities, guided tours of the beautiful island and relaxing holidays enjoying the tranquility of the countryside and the popular beaches of the island. We recommend the most popular villages, beaches, natural and historical attractions, that are worth visiting during your stay in Milos and are easily accessible from Parasporos where our accommodation is located.
Adamas, where the port of Milos is located and is 2.1 km from GLARAKIA STUDIOS. It is considered one of the largest and safest natural ports in Greece, due to the fact that it is built inside the homonymous bay. The village stands out for its traditional Cycladic architecture and is the most developed tourist area of Milos.
- Plaka, the capital of the island, which is 6.7 km from our accommodation and is built on a hill above the bay of Adamas. The settlement with the traditional architecture is considered one of the most picturesque in the Cyclades.
- The fishing village Klima which is 6.9 km from GLARAKIA. There you will see the most important religious monument of the island, the famous catacombs in which the Christians found refuge in the early Christian years. They date from the end of the 1st century and together with the Catacombs of Rome are the most important early Christian cemeteries and places of worship of the time of the persecution of Christians.
- Apollonia or Pollonia. The fishing village, which is 7.8 km from our complex, stands out because of its natural beauty and the antiquities that are located in the area. Near the settlement, are the ruins of the ancient city of Fylakopi.
- Zefyria, located 5.5 km from GLARAKIA and was the medieval capital of Milos. Here, you will also visit the church of Panagia Portiani or Portaitissa which dates from the 17th century.
- Papikinou beach which is the closest to our hotel unit as it is only 1.9 km. The beach extends to the left of Adamas and along the coastal road that connects the southeastern Milos. It has been awarded the blue flag and is characterized by its beautiful sandy beach and shallow waters that make it ideal for families with children.
- Mytaka beach, at a distance of 2.3 km from the studios. This is another beautiful sandy beach, suitable for those who avoid the very cosmopolitan beaches.
- Sarakiniko, which is one of the most famous beaches of the island thanks to its special natural beauty. It is 3.5 km from GLARAKIA. It is characterized by white volcanic rocks that create a lunar landscape of unique beauty. This is the most photographed landscape of the Cyclades.
- Papafranga Cave, which is 5.2 km from our facilities. These are three caves characterized by the huge white rocks that create a landscape of incomparable beauty. They look like natural sculptures. Boating in Papafraga Cave is an experience you must live!